Rio Garnet

This is a little about me, a little about New Mexico, and a little about crocheting!

Friday, October 14, 2005

Crocheting

Well when I started this blog I thought I would be writing about my Crocheting. However that hasn't happened till now! When we were in Santa Fe at breakfast on of the guys found this card from the "Tourist Rack" about this place called "Oodles!" It is a yarn & bead store. I said O~My Goodness I Must Go! So first we went to see the Georgia O'Keef museum and saw all of the beautiful paintings! What amazed me about the paintings were how small they were! The really interesting things were they had several photos of Georgia. She was a very beautiful woman even in her later years she had this shining quality about her! They were also showing some Andy Warhol paintings. I looked at a few but I really don't like Andy Warhol so I skipped most of those! So then off to Oodles! We got there right when the lady who was minding the store for the owner came. I had the boys go over to this church near by and take a look while I oodled the wares in the store! Ok I am not a yarn snob! In fact I purchase most of my yarn at Walmart. So this was quite an experience! The Color, the texture, the price! I found this ribbon yarn the was variegated gold, light gold, and rosy pink. I just had to have it! (I have been very into pink this year for some reason and this stuff just caught my eye!) I looked at the price and almost had a heart attack! ($18.00 a skein!) I pushed my pride and snobbery a side and purchased 4 skeins! I am now making it into a scarf for me for this winter. I usually make stuff for everyone else but now I am working on this for me! I think I am going back and get some of the Sari Yarn. They take old saris and strip them then spin them into beautiful yarn. I think I will make a scarf for Carole Story, my new cousin-in law. Oh ~ they also have teaching classes there also! I would like to learn to knit, so I may have to go up there to take a couple of classes! Now, I just have to finish a baby blanket for Alisha Elderidge first!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home