Rio Garnet

This is a little about me, a little about New Mexico, and a little about crocheting!

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Balloon Fiesta Part 1



First off this may take a little while to load because of all of the pictures. Please be wait! It will be worth it!

Well Mom & I picked up Dennis, his dad, Bob, and his friend, Jorge at the Airport on Thurday, October 6th and took them to El Taco Tote for dinner then on to their hotel and then on to our house for a visit! We woke up early on Friday, October 7th to go to the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta Special Shapes Flight! It was a beautiful but cold and grey day! The clouds were so low that some of the balloons were lost in the clouds! The blurry images in the middle of the picture are balloons! When we got there there was a slight breeze and it was hard for some of the balloons to get off the ground. In fact the Energizer Bunny tried 4 times to inflate but the wind kept closing part of the envelope so they decided to deflate! Yes those little people are people! At the AIBF you can walk right up and touch the balloons, (usually they don't like you to do that but as you can see with the wind blowing one kid got envloped by the balloon while it was rolling over! Not only do they have international balloons from all over the world but I took this picture of some Japnise tourists! I thought I would leave you with these pictures. I will post more about the balloon fiesta when Dennis sends me his pictures! He took more than I did! Also some on our wonderings around Albuquerque! So I thought I would wait till I get his to post them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home