Rio Garnet

This is a little about me, a little about New Mexico, and a little about crocheting!

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Hair Today Gone...

I usually get my hair cut about every 6 months. (Just a trim!) But it had been 9 months since I have cut my hair. I have been saving it for the last 2 1/2 years to get a big cut for "Locks of Love." That is where they make wigs for children who have Alopecia or are going through Chemo. Anyway this is the longest my hair has ever been (an inch or two abve my waist!) and it has been driving me crazy! When I was growing up I was the towhead blond with a pixie cut in the neighborhood with all of the other girls who had this beautiful blue/black long hair! So now I am the one with long hair. I don't know where any of those girls live now. But it is such a vivid memory for me! Anyway I finally couldn't stand in any longer and I cut 11 inches of hair! 10 inches went to "Locks of Love." 1 inch was left over to make my hair even! It looks so pretty now and so much easier to deal with! I also didn't realize just how scraggly it was looking!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home