Rio Garnet

This is a little about me, a little about New Mexico, and a little about crocheting!

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Bad Blogger ~ Bad blogger

Well I was working on my last post when my life turned upside down. I quit my job at the church. There were problems between the pastor and myself. He thought I was being bossy and I thought I was being helpful and making his life easier! Also the pay has never been good and I knew that I would have to get another job sooner or later. At the beginning of the year the talk was that I was going to get a raise in my salary and the talk was that it was going to be a big raise. At the meeting they started with a raise of $60.00 per month! (it ended up at $90.00 per month which left my take home pay the same as the year before!) I was dumbfounded! I thought they were going to at least double my present salary. (At the time I was only taking home about $230.00 per month!) Needless to say I was very disappointed at the decision. I had been the secretary there for almost 11 years! I felt that I could no longer work there and also go there so, my mom & I started going to the church where I have been going to crochet with their Dorcas Circle. We love it! I have a lot of friends there but also miss the ones that I left. So now I have been looking for a new job for the past months! Right after I quit I was watching one of the morning shows and the person they were interviewing said that with the job market now you should start looking for a job about 4 months before you want to quit. So now I am on month 3 and I have only had one interview! I didn't expect to get the job but it was good to get that under my belt. It has been over 20 years since I have been on an interview and I forgot the questions a person needs to ask. I now am ready for the next interview. Hopefully it will be soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home