Rio Garnet

This is a little about me, a little about New Mexico, and a little about crocheting!

Friday, August 19, 2005

Hello


Well Hello ~ I am new to this and what a fun way to get started! This is a picture of me (on the left!) and my mom. It was taken last winter at our church for our church picture directory! Since I am the Secretary here at Covenant Christian Church in Rio Rancho, New Mexico it was the one picture I have on hand to give to you today! I will have to get some pictures of my Crocheting projects that I am working on at this time! I learned how to crochet about 8 years ago after mom & I moved to Rio Rancho from southern California! There was a crafty couple at the church that I grew up in California that made "Granny Square" Quilts and I always thought that was a neet gift! Patty would make the squares and then her husband, Bill, would put on the matching color and put them together! At First Christian it was known that when you got married or had a baby you got a "Bill & Patty" Quilt. Well when we moved here I had never gotten married or had a child and I was so sad that I would never get a "Bill & Patty" Quilt. The week before we moved out here to New Mexico the Church had a party for my mom & me and Bill & Patty gave me one of their quilts! I was floored! The quilt is special and it made me think that I need to start! A girl that I was working with was going to start taking a crocheting class at our local craft store and I asked her if I could join in! I did and had a great time! Since that time I have made quite a few afgans for weddings & babies! I guess I have become just like Bill & Patty! !

1 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i NEVER KNEW ABOUT THE QUILT STORY...YOU WILL HAVE TO SHOW IT TO ME WHEN I COME OUT TO VISIT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home